Top menu >> Commissions >> Imports & transfers >> Choose supplier from drop-down
The upload matrix is a map that tells RPM how to interpret the commission data of a supplier. For each supplier the import matrix matches a variable in RPM to an Excel column name.
Please Note: Since RPM 24 Rep ID has been changed to Assignment Code
1. To start mapping your spreadsheet headers in the upload matrix you need to click Edit . Paste the data from the header (commission data) next to the appropriate value in the matrix. Typically the same header is used for Rep ID and Account.
2. Adding item variables. Beyond the provided options in the upload matrix RPM allows you to bring in any other variables (data) from your commission spreadsheet for you to report on (eg: install data, invoice date, term, address). To add these variables to the upload matrix you have to create the variables first by clicking Commission variables.
1. You can name your matrix. If you get the commissions from your source direct or perhaps via a master agent.
2. Paste the data from the header in your spreadsheet (commission data) next to the appropriate value in the matrix. Typically the same header is used for Rep ID and Account as shown in screenshot below.
3. You can make any variable or row required. That means that if there is no value for the column the import will be stopped.
Top menu >> Commissions >> Imports setup >> Commission variables
Beyond the provided options in the upload matrix RPM allows you to bring in any other variables (data) from your Excel spreadsheet for you to report on (eg: install data, invoice date, term, address).
More on this please read the article: What are Item variables and what can you use them for?
Click Commission variables.
Click + Add an item variable.
5. Enforce allowed values: Enter a list of values that it is allowed to have. If someone tries to import a commission item or add or edit a commission item with a different value it will display an error.
Copy to a custom field
You have to create a custom field first. When done you have the option to copy data from your commission import data to the field.
To use this feature set the radio button to Enabled.
1. Category: will show where you are required to choose: customer, location or account.
2. Field: select the field you want to copy the data to.
3. Overwrite: Leave existing data intact: when checked, after the first import into the custom field it will not overwrite the data on any commission imports after. When the box is unchecked it will update the field if new values are imported for that variable.
When done: OK